Thread: The dreaded engine limp mode

Hybrid View

Thanks, I'm always ready to learn so have no concern about selling me a retune, it may be the answer after all. I'm mechanical (clanky) with a reasonable understanding of basic computer software and how system control software applications work but I'm not an ECU / TCU tuner and have no upload / download equipment, only diagnostic. So having got my significant limitations on the table, I'm more than prepared to listen to anything you put my way.

You can be assured that I'm not looking at any DIY coding (bricking an RS6 ECU where I am is not an option) so I will go and read up so that I can listen with a bit more knowledge. I can see that with the physical mods, an obvious outcome should be a torque increase and I can say that early in the life of this car it had 109 software uploads showing in the register so someone was having real issues or it was a tune development mule at one point. The PO was having all sorts of issues with the tune when he bought the car and so the current tune is a modified standard tune done from UK for the PO however it is said that the only change is not monitoring the second O2 sensors (post CAT O2 sensors). Who knows? It drives really well and there have been no issues other than these two Limp mode instances. It gets more than a bit of full or heavy throttle use on the road for overtaking and most days would see 100 mph at some point so it isn't pusseying around surburbia. All this normally without an issue.
    2003 Sportec RS6, 2001 Revo RS4, 2000 A4 GP quattro, 1963 Unimog 404 TLF8

duplicate
    Last edited by IchBautAuto; March 1st, 2022 at 06:14. Reason: duplicate post
    2003 Sportec RS6, 2001 Revo RS4, 2000 A4 GP quattro, 1963 Unimog 404 TLF8